Using the Allrecipes.com recipe for Peppermint Meringues, I made a batch of these. They have barely 4 ingredients....so simple and yummy! Although, for my next batch, I may mix the candies up in the meringue batter instead of sprinkling them on top.
Then I wanted to make some Peppermint Bark, and that took all of 5 minutes. Here's the recipe I "came up with", not that it's rocket-science.
Simple Peppermint Bark
- Combine 1 (12 oz.) bag of Nestle white chocolate morsels, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, and a splash of peppermint extract together in a glass bowl.
- Melt in microwave for up to 2 minutes at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds.
- While you are melting the chocolate, grab 2-3 candy canes off your Christmas tree and crush them in a zip-loc bag. (I think I used the base of my hand mixer, ha!)
- Pour chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread it around (quickly!) to desired thickness. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Place in frig until cooled and hardened. Crack apart into bite-sized pieces and store in a pretty metal holiday tin in the frig!